Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Deathly Ill - 02/07

Deathly Ill - 02/07

Two weeks ago I managed to turn out 80 hours at the office, by pulling together the report and doing basic editing. To make 80 the work days spilled over into the weekend. Last week however, I fell ill with Malaria. This involved violent shivers, aching joints, vomiting, diarrhea, head ache and dehydration. The malaria seems to have moved on but I find myself left with diarrhea, headache, cough and sore throat. These new ailments could be consequences of the malaria medication, dust from the dry season, or a head cold passed on to me by Daniel (fellow intern). Unfortunately I had to pass up the opportunity to visit a local fishing village with the other interns. Our local friend Rmadan organized for us to preach on Saturday and Sunday at his village, and he was going to give me the opportunity to come out fishing on Monday (yesterday). Alas I was deathly ill and opted for rest. The photograph below captures a special moment for the interns while they were at the fishing village.


No comments:

Post a Comment