Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Sailing with the Interns - 19/06

The week days have been consumed by AutoCad as I persistently persuade the 13 technical drawings into submission. Friday night I delivered a lecture on sailing to 10 grossly incompetent students, 1 part highly technical, 1 part movie (failure to Launch) and 1 part friends t.v. episode. Saturday saw fair winds, quality time, and exceptional sailing performance from my formerly incompetent peers. Tricking lessons on Sunday was most encouraging, because for the first time my four boys managed to follow instructions without getting distracted. Tweaking my ankle again was not on the agenda, but I should expect as much doing backwards flips on concrete-hard ground. On Sunday night,  after two melted ice-cream cakes and a night of African merrymaking, we said our goodbye's to another fallen comrade as she makes her way to the U.S. The photograph below shows me teaching the recently departed Jessie Mittelman.


No comments:

Post a Comment